Originally from Seattle, Washington, Chris Morrow is a Master Instructor at the Jim McLean Golf Center-Texas as well as the Director of Inside Operations. He is one of Jim McLean’s busiest instructors throughout all the Jim McLean Golf Schools and has worked under Jim since 2005.
Not only is Chris a great instructor, but he is also a great player. He competed collegiately at Saint Martin’s University where he earned a degree in Computer Science and was a recipient of the Cleveland Golf All-America Scholar award. After college Chris played at a high amateur level qualifying for such events as the USGA Public Links and being selected as a member of the Pacific Northwest PGA section’s prestigious Hudson Cup in 2003.
Chris’s passion has now turned toward teaching the game of golf and watching his students grow and succeed. Chris has developed his teaching knowledge and ability by learning and spending time with other great instructors such as Jim McLean and all of his top teachers, Butch Harmon, Jack Burke Jr., Carl Welty, Ben Doyle, Pat O’Brien, Marius Filmalter, and many others. Chris travels to several PGA TOUR and LPGA events each year. During these trips, he not only observes the best players and stays current with each tour, but he also films players’ swings to be able to study and pass along that knowledge and information to his students.
Over the years Chris has worked with players of all abilities from the beginning golfer to the seasoned tour professional. A large number of his younger students have had great success at the junior and high school level, with many receiving scholarships to college after graduation.
· U.S. Kids Golf Top 50 Kids Teachers - Honorable Mention
· Student won the qualifier for the 2013 North Texas LPGA Shootout and made the cut in the event and was Low Amateur
· Has students who have qualified for the US Junior Girls tournament in 2012 and 2013
· Student won the 2012 Texas Amateur
· Student won her debut college event by 4 strokes hosted by Texas A&M
· Student was Runner-Up at 2013 Texas Women’s Open and Low Amateur
· Attended a Trackman University Seminar and is well versed in the technology
· Jim McLean Junior Academy Instructor
· Low tournament round of 66 and Low career round of 63
· Teaches many 2 and 3 Day Golf Schools for JMGC-TX
· Has had multiple young students qualify for the U.S. Kids World Championship hosted in Pinehurst, NC. Had 7 students qualify in 2012 alone
· Assistant Men’s Golf Coach at St. Martin’s University 2004-2005
· Created videos for Revolution Golf
· Appeared on “Making the Turn” with Peter Kessler on XM Radio and “Fairways of Life” with Matt Adams on PGA Tour Radio on Sirius XM
You can follow Chris in the Social Media at Chris Morrow Golf on Facebook or @ChrisMorrowGolf on Twitter