Originally from Armenia, Colombia, Patricia started playing golf at age 15. Played in the Colombian National Team from 1978 to 1985 and winner of the major amateur tournaments in Colombia. She also represented Colombia in International tournaments. Played NCAA Division I Golf on a full scholarship and graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station, TX with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and a Minor in Marketing. Turned professional in 1986 and was “Rookie of the Year” in the WPGA Tour (Ladies’ European Tour). She is a Class “A” Professional from the British PGA and Colombian PGA. She has worked in England, USA and Colombia. Patricia has been at Jim McLean Golf School since 2002 and is a year round Golf Instructor.
Some of Patricia’s highlights as an amateur, collegiate and professional golfer are:
• Her career low round was 65
• 1981 Nominated Athlete of the Year in Colombia
• 1982 All State Texas Association of Intercollegiate Women Athletes
• 1984-1985 All South West Conference Star
• 1994 Awarded State Governor’s Medal in her native Armenia, Quindio, Colombia
• 1980 Colombian Amateur Champion
• Finished 18th in the 1980 World Amateur Championship, Espiritu Santo Trophy in Pinehurst, NC
• Runner-up - 1981 World Amateur Team Championship (Individual), Cali, Colombia
• Won the 1982 AIAW All State Tournament as a freshman
• Winner of the 1982 South American Championship in Sao Paulo, Brazil. First time Colombia won the Championship
• Winner of the 1985 SWC Championship Individual & Team as a senior.
• Runner-up – 1985 Palm Aire Invitational, Sarasota, Florida
• 3rd Place – 1986 Paradise Island Classic, Nassau, Bahamas
• 3rd Place – 1986 Belgian Ladies’ Open, Belgium
• Runner- up – 1989 Lufthansa Ladies’ German Open, Germany
• 3rd Place – 1997 Telia Info Media Ladies Finale, Sweden
• Runner-up – 1997 Sicilian Ladies’ Open, Italy
• Played the women's British Open nine times, best finish was 22
During her teaching career she has observed and taken lessons from top teachers and has great knowledge of Golf BioDynamics. Also has attended seminars in Sports Psychology and the Trackman golf radar system.
Patricia has a passion for teaching, is very enthusiastic, keeps it simple using the Jim McLean System and knows what it takes to be a successful golfer and always guarantees her students will improve. She loves developing junior, female and male golfers.
She has earned her reputation and currently teaches top junior golfers, young professional golfers, LPGA and Symetra Tour players, and all levels of female and male golfers.
She is fluent in Spanish, English and has knowledge of Portuguese, Italian and French.